95 Nissan Quest Rotor fused to wheel hub

Hi,

I Tried removing the rotor, but it is fused to the wheel hub. Tried WD40 all over the place and a rubber mallett with no luck. Also tried a blow tourch for a minute, and more hammering, no luck.

I figured I would remove the wheel hub, it seems to be fixed. I removed the large nut in the middle of the wheel hub and I am able to push the drive shaft bolt back, but the wheel hub doesn't budge. tried using force, but came up with the same result.

I'm doing this for my girlfreind's family as a favor, fun stuff!

Thank you!

Kory

Reply to
Kory.Kendziora

I dont specifically have information on the Quest, but it is not unusual to have some difficulty removing the disc from the hub. Corrosion byproducts (rust) between the lug stud and the hole in the disc (rotor, some prefer to call it), can lock them on tight.

A really good penetrating oil or rust dissolver is a way to start. Not just WD-40. Then heat, and the use of a BFH will normally loosen them.

If you HAVE to get the disc off to replace it or bearings, etc, you may have to get nasty with it. Bigger FH. You may damage the disc irreparably, but new ones dont cost too much.

I think disc pullers exist, but I dont have one, and have never had to use one. Just get mad.

Did you torque that axle nut back on? You need to, if you didnt.

Reply to
<HLS

On my 95 Pathfinder, there are two threaded holes on the rotor just inside the 6 studs. These holes are there to thread a couple of M8 bolts into to "pry" the rotor off. I'm not sure if your Quest has the same or similar set up, but more than likely the holes will be there. Take a look.

But, I would still echo others' advice to use a good penetrating oil first.

DS

Reply to
DS

The holes were on the rear rotors with internal parking brake drums. The fronts on a 4WD Pathfinder would be considerably different than yours so you'll have to consult your service manual - you have downloaded a service manual haven't you?

DS

Reply to
DS