95 Pathfinder CEL code 55 over and over...

I've had a check engine light on my truck for a while now. Every time I've checked it I get a code 55 which means no problem. I then reset the CEL. As soon as I start the engine, the CEL comes back on - code 55 again. What gives? Any insight?

DS

Reply to
DS

sounds to me like your not doing it correctly, instructions for the mode screw retrieval of codes must be followed exactly.

Reply to
NissTech

Here's what I'm doing:

-turn on ignition

-turn screw and hold

-cycle through Mode 1, Mode 2 then Mode 3

-release screw (turn back to original position

-count green and red flashes

-set to Mode 4 to erase stored code

-turn off ignition

Every time I get 55. I am following the procedure in the service manual. Am I doing something wrong?

DS

Reply to
DS

Bump. Still looking for some insight here.

Thanks, DS

Reply to
DS