95 Pathfinder turn signal problem

Just recently the right turn signal started to act up. It will work fine for a while then it will start to clink faster and faster until it is acting as if a bulb is burnt out. Bulbs are fine. Left signal behaves as normal. Is this a sign of the turn signal stalk dying?

DS

Reply to
DS

That's a likely explanation. You could try wriggling the lever about with small movements when this is happening. If that changes the flashing rate, then it's definitely the switch contacts causing the problem.

John

Reply to
John Henderson

on 6/6/2007 9:58 AM DS said the following:

How are the socket, wires, and housing for the lamp? On a 12 year old vehicle it could be a intermittent short in the lamp circuit caused by corrosion, abraded wires, or trapped water.

Reply to
willshak

you have an excessive amount of resistance from one of the bulbs and or sockets on the right side.

remove the bulb , check the socket for any corrosion.Next take the bulb with the terminal side down and give it a couple swipes across a piece of emory cloth to redress the lead terminal connections or just replace the bulbs

Reply to
NissTech

An intermittent OPEN would cause this problem. An intermittent SHORT would blow a fuse.

it could be a intermittent short in the lamp circuit

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet

Thanks. I removed the front turn signal assembly and found the back of it completely encased in mud. I guess too much off-roading in the recent rain storms. I cleaned it, disconnected the inline connector, reconnected it, and all is well. I will clean all the contacts under there when I take my bumper off soon for refinishing (damn chrome is rusting through).

DS

Reply to
DS