'95 Pathfinder Power Windows

I've seen a few posts about this, but haven't seen any answers (not that there aren't any, I just can't find them).

My pathfinder (XE, 4door) is sick. The passenger side windows don't want to operate (up or down). The driver side windows work fine. I haven't been able to find any blown fuses (under the dash, and under the hood). A month or so ago, the front passenger window did this, but started working after I tried it a couple times. I don't know if something got wet in the rain today, or what. Any ideas? Suggestions? It looks to be a common thing, that's for sure.

Reply to
Jeff

You probably need a new motor. Only taking the door apart and troubleshooting it will tell you for sure.

Reply to
JimV

It may be the regulator. The regulator is the metal bracket that holds the window & motor in place. There is a wire cable which usually snaps and begins curling up. It is quite simple to replace. Take the entire door panel off. Remove the regulator. Take the motor off the regulator and see it it works. You will need to replace the entire regulator if the motor is fine. You can try a salvage yard. It should run you about $40. Bring your old regulator with you. Some year models have different gear slots where the motor spins.

Good Luck

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

This has happened to me too. First, try removing and/or cleaning or replacing the window switch.

Reply to
Shawn

I assume you mean they are completely dead - no sound from them?

If suddenly both window stopped moving on the passenger side, I would suspect either the master (driver's door) window switch or shorting or break in the wires running between the driver's door and the truck body.

One window stopping is probably a problem with the mechanism, but two at once is more likely to be a break in the circuit somewhere. If the master switch tests out and the wiring looks good, start checking for bad grounds.

Reply to
E. Meyer

Reply to
philipp