95 pickup sparkplug help

Ok i have learned that i might need a hotter plug..

I have a problem when i accelerate up hill or with a load. i get a clattering sound.. Same sound my old chevy made.

I tried other plugs and they all made my truck idel rough.

I using nissan plugs.. i think their ngk?

How can i tell whether im using a cold plug or a hot plug? j

Reply to
WWE 4 Life

Sounds like you have pinging problem. You might a timing problem, recheck timing. Have you tried different brand of gas, maybe go up a grade on the gas, ie.

87octane to 89octane or 91. Not sure if hotter plug would help. Try going to auto parts store they should be able to tell you which model is hotter plug. Have you tried NGK site or Nippon Denso site for plug info.
Reply to
jjjsan

Same cheap gas that you used in the chevy? :-)

NGK is the right plug, it's the fuel(or ignition timing) not the plugs causing this.

Reply to
Steve T

Reply to
WWE 4 Life

Get compression checked. Could easily have massive carbon deposits.

Nope, it's something related to the compression ratio of -YOUR- engine (including carbon build-up etc), the ignition timing and the fuel quality. Using QT gas?

Reply to
Steve T

"Steve T" wrote: > WWE 4 Life wrote: > > > Tried 91 octang gas.. Still does it just not as bad. > > Tried lucas fuel cleaner.. Helped. but still pings. > > Get compression checked. Could easily have massive carbon > deposits. > > > > > Wondering if i need a timing chain. > > Nope, it's something related to the compression ratio of > -YOUR- engine > (including carbon build-up etc), the ignition timing and the > fuel quality. > Using QT gas? > > -- > > Steve > >

if you are experiencing pinging, I put denso iridiums in my dodge and it stopped.

Reply to
plugmaster