95 trk dieseling noise? lost? help!!

Ok my 1995 4cyl 5spd 120,000 miles truck has been dieseling in 5-gear for about 10,000 miles.. i have replaced the following.. plugs-wires, distr cap, rotor kit, fuel cleaners, air filter, pcv valve, O2 sensor, idle speed sensor and all rubber vacum hoses..

Truck still makes dieseling noises.. Now if its in 4 gear (50-60mph)you dont hear it.. but if you put in 5th gear it diesels.. worse if its going up hill Seems to go almost completely away at 68+mph...

My nissan manual says that some dieseling accours between 55-60 and thats when im getting maxium fuel mileage????? But excessive dieseling needs to be looked at?

I was told that i might need a new knock sensor.. But after going to napa auto parts and going thru allot of nissan parts books.. Nissan only makes a knock sensor for a V6 not the 4...

So im wondering if i need a new timing chain?? Motor runs good lots of power.. for what it is.. Seems to idle fine for the mileage..

So im lost.. not sure if this is normal.. or something needs to be fixed.. Like the truck.. highly recommed.. great gas mileage.. j in dallas

Reply to
WWE 4 Life

You mean pinging, not dieseling. It's likely caused by carbon build-up over the 120K miles. You can try to clean it out with upper cylinder cleaner or (gasp) water, but you probably won't have much luck. You can also use higher octane gas or retard your timing. No knock sensor in the

4 banger.
Reply to
JimV

it is not dieseling, it is pinging.