97 Sentra Alternator Causing Speedometer Failure?

My dash lights started blinking and I subsequently lost all power. Was able to restart the car at which time I noted neither the speedometer nor cruise worked. I lost power again and this time had no luck getting it going. Replaced the alternator, but this didn't restore functionality to either the speedometer or cruise. Does the computer need to be recalibrated or something?

Reply to
magzrocks

reset the computer.

Reply to
HTC

Overcharging alternators can take out all sorts of electronics on a cars. If all it killed was these two items, consider yourself lucky..

Reply to
Steve T