98 pathfinder driver's seat controls

You all were so helpful in my radio problem that I thought I might throw another problem I am having with my new (used) 98 Pathfinder. The driver's seat only seems to move so far ( an inch or two) towards the front of the car before it stops. It does not move far enough for my wife's feet to hit the brake petals though seems like it should move much more forward than that. Does any one have a way to attack it? I have looked under the seat and the front bar that you lift to move the seat seems to be lifting the "locks" on both sides but it only moves so far forward as if something is blocking it. I don't see any blockage but the seat will not move any further forward even with force from someone pushing from the back. Any thoughts? TIA

Reply to
zoot