2001 Frontier Brake Light

How do you replace the bulb. Can't find a way to get to the brake light. You would think this should be easy to do and probably is but I'm having trouble anyway. Nothing around the tailgate allows me access. Can't find any screws that hold the assembly on. Also need to replace the cab brake light and was having trouble with but found some info on another site that should help. Thanks in advance. J D

Reply to
J D

Don't know about the 2001, but the 1997 tail lamps are held in by two bolts inside the bed rear. Do you have a drop-in bed liner? If you do, they are hidden behind the bed liner. I had to remove the liner to get to them. After replacing the liner, I cut two holes on each side with a 1" hole saw bit so I wouldn't have to remove the liner next time.

Reply to
willshak

the two bolts that hold the tailgate latches on both sides also release the lens. dick

Reply to
D.