99 Quest engine trembled then died then came back

This is a series of symptoms.

Day 1 the engine trembled when I press the gas (accellerator) to 3K rpms and above while car was parked (did both neutral and parking gears). I drove it that day for about 10 miles. Day 2 the engine simply started but kept trembling (even whout pressing the gas), then died after about 2 minutes. I tried about 3 times to start it again, but it did not start. I could hear the starter motor sound. So I left it on my driveway and went out. A few hours later, I was able to start it and drove it into my garage. It showed "Service engine soon".

Anyone any idea on what went wrong and what should I do to fix it ? the car has 60k milleage.

Many thanks, Xinghong

Reply to
Xinghong He

juanalong

Sounds like an ignition problem but you really need to do some diagnosis. First, get the code read. Since the check engine light is on there must be a code indicating what parameter has gone out of specification. Autozone auto parts stores will read the code for free. Hopefully, there is one in your area. Good luck. Al

Reply to
al