Advice on worn input shaft - 91 Sentra

Most FWD cars that "quill" that the bearing slides on is part of the front case. Given the miles it might be best to find a used tranny rather than trying to fix that one?

Reply to
Steve T

I have a 91 Sentra with 243K miles. The input shaft is worn where the clutch release/throwout bearing slides, causing the bearing to bind and not slide smoothly. The binding only causes more wear to the shaft, and the clutch doesn't operate smoothly at all. It is now difficult to shift, and the clutch pedal doesn't want to spring back when you release it.

What can I do about this? Can this be machined or repaired or do I have to get a new transaxle or what? Is it worth it on this car? Any suggestions welcome.

KJ

Reply to
KJ