1993 nissan makes strange, random chirping sound when idling. Help!

My 1993 Nissan makes a strange, random chirping sound when idling. I have changed all of the belts so I know this is not the problem. The engine runs fine and I've got 97k miles on it. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Reply to
Joe

normally its not a belt fault. it happenes because of some old ball bearing either in generator or water body (water pump) and it resists the rotations and belt starts to slip.

Reply to
Nawaz Ahmed Khan

I think he better check under the hood for an occupied bird nest. You know I've seen stranger things happen.

Reply to
Meat-->Plow

The chirping is caused by a bad torque converter that is getting ready to fly apart on you.

Reply to
David Rennick