Battery harness? 97 Nissan Pickup XL two door.

The positive side battery harness has corroded and some of the wires are preventing my truck from cranking. I need to find the short battery harness that connects to the positive side of the battery. I called the local Nissan dealer and they want to sell me the whole harness. They acted like they did not have the short harness.

The connectors and the wires seem to be the problem.

Where can I order the part? Part Number?

Would it be hard for me to rewire?

Would appreciate any help.

Reply to
Randy

Can I just cut the short cable off and just take all the wires and put together to another solid cable with a ring?

Reply to
Randy

Thanks you were very clear.

Reply to
Randy

Yo Al .

You may have forgotten to mention that those "wires" that are attached to the positive battery terminal are "fusible links"

if you attempt to rewire those links you have in a sense bypassed the protection that was built into the circuit in the first place.

If a repair is done this way, be sure to carry a fire extinguisher with you

Reply to
NissTech