brake question: How many millimeters?

At what remaining millimeter thickness should the brakes be replaced.

I have a 1998 Frontier King Cab that was taken in for 67,500 mile service. The Nissan paperwork indicated how many millimeters remaining on my front and rear brakes, but they did not say when they should be replaced.

These are the original brakes.

Thanks,

snipped-for-privacy@dslextreme.com

Reply to
Robert Cunningham

Most passenger cars: new pads have 6/16 in or 9 mm. Replace before they wear to 1/16 in or 1.6mm

Reply to
Daniel

2mm (0.079in)

Peter Hill

Thanks for the information. The dealer said that I had 5mm and 8mm remaining on my brakes. That didn't sound like very much to me, but I had no idea what was the minimum thickness before I should replace them.

Thanks again.

Robert Cunn>

Reply to
Robert Cunningham