Charging AC on an '82 280ZX

Working on AC components always gets me nervious. Can someone please confirm for me where the low pressure valve is on my '82 280ZX so I can charge my AC?

Thanks!

Reply to
-

The low side is -always- the hose going from inside the car to the compressor and the high side is always the hose going from the compressor to the front of the car. You add freon via the low side hose. Sometimes the fittings are on the compressor themselves away from any hoses and are always labled S for suction/low side and D for discharge/high side. You ZX has the valve on the compressor right where the low side hose connects to it.

Reply to
Steve T

You should be nervous. If you don't know enough about AC to tell the high side from the low side, then you sure the fsck have absolutely no business working on it. And I sure the hell wouldn't feel right telling you to mess around and have you end up injured or worse.

Reply to
Meat-->Plow

Nope, done it many times on many different cars, just not the ZX so I figured I ask to double check...

Thanks for your classy reply!

Reply to
-

Well if you had actually done it "many times" you would #1 Not be nervous and #2 Know where to locate the low side valve.

You're welcome.

Reply to
Meat-->Plow

As it turns out I did know where the right valve was. Again, just double checking since this was the first foreign car I was charging the ac on. Can never be too safe....

Thanks again for your concern!

Reply to
-