does any one know the governor speed on a 91 sentra se-r?

just wondering cause i have went pretty dam fast and it didnt shut off. just curious

Reply to
zakreifert6767

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

I used to run my 91 SE-R up to 130 all the time... There was no throttle limit or rpm governor on that car. My 02 SpecV on the other hand shuts off hard if you hit the red line on the tach which is a lot lower than the 7500 on the 91 SE-R.

Reply to
Hadley

In my experience, most imports have a rev limiter but no speed limiter.

I take my 93 altima over 210km/h all the time.

Hadley wrote:

Reply to
loewent via CarKB.com

Generally if it has a speed limiter, the top speed is set to the original tire speed rating.

yea i figured that out last night when i got up about 133 or so... i was only reving at 6700. did you ever redline your 91 in fifth?

Reply to
zakreifert6767

yea well i figured that out when i got up to about 133 last night. i was reving around 6800. did you ever red line yours in fifth and if so how fast were you going?

Reply to
zakreifert6767