Door problems (95 Maxima)

A few days ago, after unlocking my driver's side door (power locks) and getting out of the car, I pushed the door lock to the locked position, and moved the door to close it, but the door would not catch and close...it would bounce off and stay open. My dad fiddled around with the lock inside the door and instead of fixing the problem, reversed it, so the door closed...now it just won't open. He said it could be a bad relay, but I have no clue. Any ideas as to what could be wrong, or suggestions as to what the best possible thing would be to do in this situation?

Reply to
Jim Glenn

the door latch assembly needs to be replaced

Reply to
NissTech