fog lamp replacement 97 maxima se need help

I just received a replacement fog lamp, an original part off of an old max. The lamp has a grey plug at the end but there are two wires coming out it, an orange and a black. I thought the plug went directly into something, what are those wires for or did they give me something on the end of the plug i won't need?

Be glad to elaborate in any way I can to get some assistance before I pull broken fog lamp out.

Reply to
sbcvulcan

When they pull parts off junkyard cars (to sell on ebay), they usually cut the harness upstream of the connector. That way if you are trying to use the part on a different car, you can splice it in. Unplug the harness stub from the replacement and see if it plugs into the connector on your broken light. That will tell you if you got the right one or not.

Reply to
E. Meyer