Frontier tailgate mystery

'03 Frontier x-cab, 4cyl., auto, bed liner.

open the tailgate, close the tailgate---is it locked or unlocked? first time I've had a truck with a locking tailgate. if you locked the tailgate, then you would have to unlock it, but if your just closing it and not locking it, then it should be closed and unlocked. my tailgate seems to have, "intermittent auto lock". can't find a way to set it to autolock or key lock only. Nissan succeed in designing a "goofy damn tailgate"???

Reply to
G3