GPS

I have just purchased a Nissan Cefiro Year 2000 with a GPS in the dash. It is a Birdview by Xanavi. The screen however is under a cover on the top of the dash. I can't find out how to open it. The main unit is in the boot and has voltage to it as it accepts any cd you put in. This still doesn't open the screen From what I have read so far it also displays a compass. I know you cannot get any maps of NZ as yet but would like to be able to open the thing. It may have had a remote that was not with the car. Any help would be appreciated

Reply to
KG

on 10/14/2007 7:26 PM KG said the following:

The best help you can get would be by asking the person or dealer you bought it from.

Reply to
willshak

Unfortunately the dealer here in NZ doesn't want to know anything about it. These Nissans are imported from Japan and some like mine have a GPS factory installed but doesn't work here as Xanavi don't supply maps for my area (NZ). I have even emailed the main dealer in the USA and got a similar reply....nobody is very helpful as yet but will get the answer sometime I'm sure. It's a simple question really....how do you open the screen??? Thanks for your suggestion

Reply to
KG

The company web site at

to be lacking all detail, especially for older units. Idid find an archive with a lot more info:
However, I didn't see the answer to your question. But you might have more time to explore (if you haven't already found the site).

John

Reply to
John Henderson

Interesting site John I see it is only up to 1998 so mine is in a 2000 model so a bit later. I have noticed though that three of the pictures of the systems display a 'controller' like you use for the TV so maybe that's what I'm missing. That would be a pity as it is probably programed only to that actual unit and was not put back in the car before leaving Japan. My hard luck there I think!!! Kaye

Reply to
KG

This link takes you to the page where the details are John and you can see the remote there. I have sent an email to xanavi so maybe they will reply......ever hopeful

Kaye

Reply to
KG

I have now resolved the answer....i do indeed need the remote controller, that unfortunately is missing. Would anyone know where I could get one and would it have to be programed to that system only or would they work with all Birdviews in my Nissan cefiro?

Reply to
KG

At last I got an answer from Xanavi in Japan. They were very helpful and even supplied me with a Part Number. Hpwever this did not come up on the NZ Nissan data base so not good as yet. I may now contact my Japaneese friend and see if he can get one using that part number in Japan and mail it to me. Making slow progress

Reply to
KG

Let's hope it doesn't cost more than the car. Good luck.

John

Reply to
John Henderson