Hard starting after changing fuel hoses

Hi,

My 94 Altima had a small fuel leak at the rubber hose just before the fuel filter. I replaced the rubber hoses from the metal tube (from fuel pump) to the fuel filter and from the fuel filter to the injection tube. In this process, I had to move the vapor canister to get to the hose claim on the metal tube from fuel pump side. Now, it is hard to start (it will start after couple cranks) if the car is off for a while. It starts fine after the engine just turned off. It was starting fine every time before the hoses replacement. The fuel hoses do have fuel pressure when the key is turned on. It seems to me that the fuel in the fuel line got drained back to the tank after the engine is turned off for a while, is this normal? Should the fuel drain back to the fuel tank? I checked the hoses around the canister and can not fine any thing wrong with them. Is there a one way flow device in the hose just before fuel filter hose? I replaced the fuel filter also, but it still has the same problem. What is wrong? Help please and thanks!

Reply to
fixme1st

The fuel is draining back some distance in the fuel line when shut off. This has always happened on all internal combustion engines, but it is most noticeable in fuel injected engines because there is no fuel bowl holding ready-to-use fuel as there is in a carburetor. Instead of spinning the starter when starting up, just hold the key in the run position a couple of seconds before turning it to Start. The fuel will be pumped to the injectors during those seconds.

Reply to
willshak

Thanks for reply. I did just that, hold the key in "on" position for a few seconds, but it is still hard to start the first time.

Reply to
fixme1st