help replacing 97 Infiniti I30 dome light bulb

Hello, I need to replace the interior dome light (cabin light, whatever you prefer to call it) in a 1997 Infiniti I30. I bought the light that the book at the store suggested, but that's as far as I could go... because I can't get the dead bulb out!

The base of the light bulb appears to be held in some sort of retaining clip and for the life of me I can't figure out how to get it out. In fact I pulled on the thing and fiddled around so much that the dead bulb came out of the housing, but the housing is still firmly in the socket! What am I doing wrong???

Reply to
Electron

Have you checked the owners manual? If memory serves, the one that came with my '97 addressed replacing bulbs in the owner-maintenance/DIY section.

Reply to
E. Meyer