Help with lease numbers

I'm considering leasing a new Leaf, but I swear I cannot find two lease calculators (or two humans) that produce the same results from the same starting variables. Heck, even two salesman from the same dealership came up with two different figures. I think part of the problem is figuring what value gets taxed. Another (for me) is what the residual percentage is taken of (is it MSRP as I think, or is it sale price or something else?). Maybe I can crowdsource the right answer here. Thanks for any input. Here are the variables given to me by the dealership:

MSRP: $38,270 Sale Price: $36,478 (that's for lease, for sale they're offering $32,900, or $31,900 at a different nearby dealership. Should there really be such a large discrepancy between "sale price" for lease and for purchase? They claim the difference is due to different incentives for leasing Vs. buying, which sounds plausible) Govt Fees: $110 Proc/Doc Fees: $187.45 Capitalized Taxes: $1,741.37 (based on 39month lease I think - the other fellow came up with $1,078 in this field but later claimed that this was the correct number - I cannot reconstruct how they got this number.) Acquisition Fee: $595 Gross Cap Cost: $38,814.37 Rebate: $8,025 (mostly the $7,500 tax credit for an electric vehicle) Cash Down: $3000 Net Cap Cost: $28,377.82

Residuals: 24month: 56%, 36month: 48%, 39month: 47% Money Factor: 0.00053 (this is not on the form, anywhere, but told to me on the phone - it seems remarkably low ~1.27%)

The tax rate here is 8%

So what do you come up with for a 39month lease (or 36 or 24 if you like) and how do you get it? Thanks so much.

-J

Reply to
jcl541