Hooking up the SAT button to an auxillary jack

We have a 2005 Quest. There's a button for satellite radio that we don't have installed and never will. But I'm wondering if it could be used as a way to access another auxillary audio input (like say for mp3 players and the like). Finally the auto makers are starting to include these jacks standard, but not on our model. The radio transmission devices never work well and I'd prefer to hardwire it by way of an audio auxillary jack. Has anyone done this before and is it difficult to do?

Thanks, Scott

Reply to
Madrush