how many time to change the timing chain on an axxess 93' garage say 7h ?

Hi,

how many time to change the timing chain on an axxess 93' garage say 7h ? im not sure about that.

Thx !

le_papa

Reply to
le_papa

Try it yourself. Bet you'll still be working on it 20 hours later! :-)

Reply to
Steve

Perhaps, but someone who has done it a number of times can do it in much less time than 7 hours. It's not brain surgery.

Reply to
Bill Schnakenberg

It's not simple either. There are several places that sealing is tricky and you have to make SURE both chains are timed right etc. Also if it's like an altima, you have to remove the pan which requires jacking the engine out of it's mounts etc. Maybe someone who does it regularly on that model could beat 7 hours but I doubt in "much less time".. Sounds like a fair charge for this job to me.

Reply to
Steve

Thx ! to all, im gona get the mechanic to do it, which will do a hole in my pocket, but apparently i dont have the choice !

Reply to
le_papa