maitnance tips

For my boyfriends birthday I am getting his 97 Alt. a tune up. He has about

60k on it. What else should i have the mechanic do? I am not taking it to a nissan dealer (i feel i can get the same qulaity work done at lowe labor price) and i dont know what the suggested maintence is, and i know my boyfriend has not kept up with it (he is a poor college student) I know i want the transmission fluid changed (or is 60k to early for this),new spark plugs, oil change, and his belts looked at or replaced (they are getting kinda loud) and also a air filer, will a tune up take care of all of this? or will i have to tell them specifially what i want done? thanks
Reply to
illusion123a

That sounds about right for 60k. If he hasn't done anything to it, add a radiator coolant change as well. You will have to tell them specifically what you want done. Be careful of package deals as they usually charge more than the sum of the individual tasks. Make sure they use NGK spark plugs, not Bosch.

Reply to
E. Meyer

And brake fluid.

Reply to