Maxima Water Pump

My 95 Max SE is starting to slowly leak antifreeze, I'm suspecting the water pump is going. How hard of a replacement is this job? If I have it done, how much should I expect to have to pay? Thaks in advance.

Broc

Reply to
BROC369

The advice I've read has been if you're going to do the timing belt/chain in a car do the water pump at the same time.

I'd suspect the converse is true: If you're going to do the water pump, do the timing chain/belt at the same time.

-- Address is NOT monitored due to SPAM volume from newsgroups. DO NOT REPLY to post directly.

Reply to
Don't Reply to this address

my '96 maxima SE is having it's water pump replaced for leaking coolant as well. They suspect the pump is the problem. I was quoted $600.

Reply to
dwillington

Holy shit! That's a lot of dough for a water pump replacement. It must be buried deep in the motor.

Reply to
Rob Munach

Reply to
john smith

Wow. So if the shaft seal for the water pump goes, it fills the engine up with anti-freeze?

Reply to
Rob Munach