What's going to go wrong with 1992 Pathfinder?

I have a 1992 Pathfinder SE 5-speed, that I've owned since new. It only has 167,000 kilometers(103,768 miles), and is in pretty good shape. It does at times go off-road :-)

Like most PFs of that era, I had the "manifold stud problem", and both sides have been replaced. The timing belt/tensioner was replaced at 93,000km(57,787miles), as part of the 96,000km service(Dec 97). The voltage regulator behind the instrument cluster(that controls the fuel/temp gauges) has been replaced (by me) a couple of times. At some point, the middle drivers-side spark plug was cross-threaded.

The fuel tank sender unit has a bit of a problem, where the low fuel light doesn't work, and the gauge doesn't always read properly. There is a bit of rust on the rocker panels below the rear doors. There is an intermittent "squeal" from the front right tire area that is most likely the front hub seal(I'm waiting until it gets worse before dealing with it).

Sometime later this summer/fall, I'll be getting the timing belt and tensioner replaced. While they are doing that, I plan to have the water pump replaced, the front 'welch plug' removed/replaced, and the two font cam seals, and front crank seal, replaced.

What else is likely to go wrong with a 1992 Pathfinder? In a recent posting, "NissTech" said "higher mileage/age pathpuppies develop a rear main seal leak".

Thanks.

Reply to
Dave Patton