Micra problem

Hi,

I have a Nissan Micra 1.0L 1993 (Bubble shape). It has always been a good starter until this week. I ran the car on Monday with no problems whatsoever. Upon trying to start it on Tuesday morning it started immediately as usual but after about half a second it died. If I leave the car for several hours it starts but dies immediately.

Indications:

  1. There is a good spark at all plugs.
  2. If I remove the air filter cover and dribble petrol into the air intake the engine starts and runs until I stop dribbling the petrol in, then it stops.
  3. The plugs show no sign of wetting even after a long tow in fourth gear.
  4. The engine does not fire again after the initial half second run.
  5. My battery is fully charged and in good condition (nearly new).
  6. If I remove the fuel pipe (engine side) from the metal inline filter and switch on the ignition, petrol pumps vertically out of the filter pipe connection, as I imagine it should.
  7. This was a sudden fault. OK Monday, dead first thing Tuesday, with no inbetween spluttering etc..

I think it may have a fuel problem but where do I start looking? And could it be something sinister like electrics?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Reply to
Paul Simonite

The message from Paul Simonite contains these words:

Problem now solved. The injector fuse link had broken at one of the fuse legs. It looked ok to the eye but when I put it on a meter it showed open circuit.

Reply to
Paul Simonite