oil cap stuck!

Hello all,

Just picked up a nice 240SX for not much, it was a steal. There are, of course, a few minor issues - always are with used cars. For one thing, it desperately needs oil. But the oil cap appears to be stuck fast, won't budge even a tiny bit. Any suggestions about what to do? Should I just take it to a mechanic and have them torque it off?

Reply to
Robert Dormer

grab it with a pair of large pliers and turn it to the left

Reply to
NissTech

One of the best Christmas presents I ever got was when I joked to my mom that the only tool I didn't have was a pair of 24" channel locks.

And if that doesn't work, patiently siphon it IN the dipstick hole. If it desperately needs oil. DO NOT DRIVE IT.

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet

Is the engine hot? It's sometimes easier to get the cap loose when the engine is cold.

Reply to
Steve T

Water pump or slip joint pliers on the first notch gives just about the thickness of the grip on the oil filler cap.

Peter Hill

exactly Peter ,

Good Input... thanks

Reply to