Older Pathfinders! Deteriorating Spare Tire Lift Chain

Check the condition of the chain/lift device that secures the spare tire especially if you haven't used the spare in a while. The chain in my '98 has deteriorated to a point where I really think it needs replacing. A couple of the links are about half the thickness of the original. I emailed Nissan a brief report but somehow I can't see them getting too excited about it. Anyway, it's out there.

Beware and don't get too close when following older models. Pathfinders that is!

Reply to
PathfinderHero

"PathfinderHero" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

No problem like that on my 92PF, where the spare tire is bolted to the tire carrier. ;-) Maybe you should have bought an SE model, or moved to the other side of the country - out here we don't use much salt on the roads in the 'winter' :-)

Reply to
Dave Patton

Well that's interesting. I know someone with an 88 Dakota and it shows no sign of that little problem.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]