Primera Mk.1V audio

Hi,

Anyone managed to integrate MP3 audio into the new Primera - as the console is built into the dashboard and controls are integrated with the display, I don't believe you could change the head-unit, so am curious as to whether anyone has managed to connect an MP3 player to it in any way, maybe through the CD changer interface?

I know there are some FM modulator kits available, but would prefer to avoid them because of poor sound quality.

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dewey

Chris, I can't help but I would be interested to know how you get on, as I would like to have mp3 capability on my Primera too.

Reply to
Steve W

If you are thinking of using an I Pod or similar you can do that with an RF modulator, there is one shown in this month edition of Windows XP mag, its the Arkon Sound Feeder SF121 at 25 GBP

Trevor Smith Primera 1600 XL P10

Reply to
Trevor Smith

Hi Trevor

Have you heard one of these units being used? What is the sound quality like? Is it CD quality? Do you know of any reviews on the web?

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
Steve W

CD quality is up to 41 khz. FM can only provide enough bandwidth for 15 khz of audio

Reply to
Meat-->Plow

Sorry Steve I have'nt used one myself as I changed my head unit to one that plays mp3 cd's, It was easy in the older Primeras. It just happened that I had just read the article in the mag just before I read your posting and thought it might be of interest.

Trevor Smith

Reply to
Trevor Smith