[Q] Engine Oil Leaks?

Hi,

My 240sx S13 car went for the six-monthly roadworthiness test earlier this week and it passed according to the service man as "all okay", but on reading the printed report later I saw it said "Engine oil leaks require attention soon".

Oil level seems fine after doing a few driving tests and checks.

Anyone know what symptoms to look for / places to check?

There was a bit of oil residue on top of the engine and in front of the radiator. Cleaning that off before driving a test run didn't seem to make it reappear in any great amount, if at all. The insulation on the underside of the hood does seem to be flaking in one or two places though and a possible oil stain.

Potentially it could be something to do with the cam belt replacement that was done a couple of months ago, but I haven't been driving the car much since then. Possible it's just some spilt oil during that repair or something needs re-checking.

Thanks.

Reply to
BungleBob