quality used transmissions?

Hey guys, looks like my truck may need a transmission. A rebuilt one is was expensive for the money I paid for the 89 Nissan pickup 2x4 2.4L 4 cylinder. Anyone know a good place that does used transmissions with decent mileage? (the truck only have 118k on it). Someplace that ships would be nice.

Reply to
clevere

There are companies online...do a search for automatic transmission. (ASSuming of course, you need an auto!) One for my truck goes for $800 before shipping and w/o install labor.

noneyabusiness

Reply to
clevere1

try

It lets you search salvage yards. Also look on eBay.

Reply to
Filipp Stepanov

I just had one rebuilt for $900, and it came with a one year warranty. This was for a '96 I30t with 5sp. Both axle bearings were replaced, along with associated seals. Beats the cost of a rebuilt 5sp at around $2100 or so. A few months later, another bearing went bad, and they replaced it under warranty. Shop is called Z-Tech, and is located in Columbus, Ohio. I recommend them highly. I would assume they would be happy to ship you a rebuilt unit.

Reply to
ppointer