Quest electical

On my '99 Quest, both rear brake lights do not operate. One of them went first, followed by the other. Replacing the bulb in the first one did not help. All other lights, including rear ones, are fine. Occasionally, some other odd things happen with power locks, etc. indicating an electrical problem.

Have you had a similar probelm?

Is there an online source of information on the electrical system (circuit diageam, photos, etc.) and maybe a trubleshooting manual?

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
mg

If you want to do electrical work, buy the factory manual. You will never regret it. You get schematic's, point to point, connector locations, etc. Invaluable.

MHO,

Reply to
Bob

I did. The manual is good, but it did not solve my problem. The circuit diagram is simple and understanfable. I checked a couple of points with a test bulb. There is 12V at the break pedal switch, after teh fuse, but not in the rear of the van (there is an open connector, with yellow wire coming from the front). Since the problem developed gradually, there is likely a place whre the wire was getting damaged over time. The manual does not tell where the wire goes from front to back,or how to access it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
mg

Look under the door jams, in the panels on the sides of the seats (the plastic interior) that is where MOST wiring is hidden..

Reply to
clevere

Try getting the connector numbers from the schematic, then matching them to the pictorial connector diagrams. The connector diagrams should help you figure out where the wiring actually runs. There may also be a dirty connector somewhere.

Reply to
Bob