95 trk 4cyl where is the knock sensor?

I have been told that i need to replace the knock sensor on my 1995 nissan truck.. 4cyl 5spd.. Where is it?

thanks j

Reply to
WWE 4 Life

Unless I'm missing something, the book I have shows no Knock Sensor for the KA24E 4 cyl. motor. There appears to be one on the VG30E 6 cyl. It is located between the ign. coil, radiator return hose fitting, and next to the oil filler cap.

Louis--

********************************************* Remove the two fish in address to respond
Reply to
Louis Bybee

Not on my 95. It is under the intake manifold near the firewall.

Reply to
Maxx

Closer examination revels that in haste what I described to be the Knock Sensor is actually the location of the "Knock Sensor Sub-harness Connector". Further digging indicates the Knock Sensor is mounted towards the firewall on the engine block under the intake manifold.

Being wrong isn't always bad. In this case looking to see if I was wrong lead to the discovery of how the sensor works. It appears to be made in the form of a Pizo-electric Generator that outputs a voltage when vibrations of a sufficient magnitude actuate the generator. Being such I suspect that the generator rarely fails. I would guess that due to the low potential of the generated signal most "failures" are actually continuity, or bad connection issues in the wiring between the sensor, and the ECU.

Do those of you working on these vehicles for a living find the above to be true?

Louis

Reply to
Louis Bybee