Radio removal in 2001 Protege

I have inserted pins in the 4 removal holes on the sides of my 2001 Mazda Protoge radio. But, I can't tell how to grasp the radio to pull it out. Someone suggested tilting the pins inward, but they didn't say in which plane to tilt the pins. The radio is tightly in the dash and I can't feel any release of the radio when the pins are inserted. I can feel a give on the pins after they are in about an inch. Didn't get much practical advice from the Mazda web site, so posting here.

Advice appreciated from someone who has performed this simple operation (radio removal). I got good advice previously on my Pathfinder cabin air filter removal so hoping for more of the same.

H. R.(Bob) Hofmann

Reply to
hrhofmann

Tilt the pins outward to the right and left so the tips are pressing against the radio. Wiggle when pulling gently. It will give.

Reply to
JimV

Didn't

operation

Jim V:

Thanx for the direction to tilt the pins - that's exactly what I needed to know.

Bob Hofmann

Reply to
hrhofmann