2006 radio unit

Hi Trying to remove the ccr 2006 radio/cd/tape unit in my

2.5 Omega cdx,year 2000.

I have removed the four blanking grub screws and inserted four pins into the holes,can feel the pins locate into what I think are the release clips but still no joy with radio unit coming out.

Can't see screws etc that need removing,anyone know please

Barry. If it ain't broke-don't fix it.

Reply to
ForeverArsenal

You're doing it right. Problem is that its a crap system and you'll need to wiggle the pins as well as the head unit from side to side until it pops out.

Reply to
Conor

Have you got the proper removal tool? You usually need to push these apart and then pull them (and radio) out at the same time. If you're using 4 seperate pins it is hard to push (and pull) them all together.

Alan.

Reply to
Alan

Hi Alan and Conor. Many thanks for the replies,no have not got proper tools,not VX ones. Tried with rivets first then assumed they did not go deep enough so made four seperate ones from thick-ish welding rod.

I assume I can get proper tools from VX ??,and then get a little rougher with it :-)

Many thanks again.

Reply to
ForeverArsenal

This sounds like the same fitting as on my Metro. I used a mixture of cotton bud plastic bits, and a cut of pair of sunglasses to poke down the holes. Once I felt the little catches unlatch I just stuck my fingers in the tape deck a little and pulled/ wiggled the unit gently till it came out.

Should be able to get them from Halfrauds or most motor factors I'd imagine, but why bother when cheap sunglasses are a quid, and cue tip things are handy to have for cleaning small parts? :)

Reply to
Stuffed

Is it worth the hassle when the pins are only a couple of quid and guaranteed to work?

Reply to
Steven Campbell

I found the wire from a metal coat hanger was nominally the right size. Works for me.

Reply to
Fred