Re: 02PathfinderShocks

I've got an 02 Pathfinder w/ 98K miles & need to replace front & rear

> shocks. Can anyone recommend one brand over another. The Ranchos are > pretty expensive on the net while the Monroe's are the cheapest. KYB has > shocks in between. And dealer replacements cost 50% more than the Ranchos. > > Thanks. > > RJ

You might try either OMEs (old man emu) or one of the established brands like Gabrials, S and w, or Bilsteins.

I had OMEs on my 4Runner and after 150km thought I'd replace them, even though they were working OK - I just wanted best performance as I was doing 100km+ a day on dirt roads.

So fitted Ranchos all round (5000 series) - bloody things were not as good as the OMEs that I took off! Rancho seem to spend lots on advertising, but not much on development or making a quality product. Were just a waste of money but left them on for 50ks then put the OMEs back on as the performance of the Ranchos had deteriorated to the point of being dangerous.

David

Reply to
David