NYPD going green...

...with foreign cars.

willshak

Are those Hybrid Altimas actually "foreign"? Or are they built in Tennesee ?

Reply to
Ribeye

on 2/18/2009 12:34 PM (ET) Ribeye wrote the following:

I should have said foreign brands. Why not domestic hybrids suitable for US police departments ?

Reply to
willshak

Which is better, a foreign name plate made in Mississippi by US labor or a US brand made in Mexico? I know this is a continuing discussion, but it seems to me that there is more boost to our economy by paying the US workers. Who really cares where the profit goes? I know I'll not be getting any of it either way.

Reply to
E. Meyer

Probably was a better choice based on cost, features and performance.

Reply to
Ribeye

"Brand" is irrelevant. Where the car is actually built might be of significance. However, there are few "American" cars left and fewer still without a majority of parts sourced outside the USA.

Not to mention... I don't think there are any American hybrids comparable to this vehicles specs.

Reply to
me