Re: Pathfinder Tow Vehicle??

I owned both

I also tow a 2000lbs boat

While my 2003 Pathfinder is much more powerful than my 1999 4Runner I much preferred how the 4Runner handled. I could almost not feel the load or the sway. I think that the unibody frame of the Pathfinder is less rigid than the 4Runner H ladder frame. Even my wife on the passenger seat felt ackward the first time as she realized the impact the boat and trailer had on the driving. With the 4Runner I would only feel the boat when stopping rapidly to make a stop light, else its like I was pulling nothing.....

Am considering a Pathfinder or 4Runner to tow a boat weighing about > 2000lbs.Can someone please provide some feedback on this ?. > Thanx > JohnD > >
Reply to
World Traveler

I pull a 1100 pound sigle axle landscaping trailer and with it weighted down I almost forget it's back there except for the loss in acceleration. My 99.5 has the 3.3L motor which isn't the greatest for towing.

Reply to
Meat-Plow