Poor MPG in Pathfinder

I average 14.5 MPG in my 2000 Pathfinder LE. I am really disappointed with the vehicle. However, the resale price is so low that I feel stuck. Wish that I had gotten the ML 320 or 4Runner

Reply to
Buckshot LeFunk

You're getting what about everyone else gets. The Merc and Toy aren't much better.

Reply to
ppointer

And get 15 MPG instead? Want good MPG? Buy something other than an SUV.

Reply to
Steve

I get 11 in my Expedition. It's the price you pay for driving an SUV.

And what makes you think those other monstrosities are any better?

Reply to
iBuyMinis.Us

welcome to the wonderful world of SUV's

you want fuel economy, buy a sentra

Reply to
NissTech

hahaha, such is life with an SUV. Maybe you wanted a economy car? The Toyota and the Benz isn't going to be significantly better.

Reply to
Jim

I hear all of you. I just felt that the Pathfinder was below the others in terms of MPG. I did/do not expect to get what I get in my Camry or my wife's Corolla. By the way, my 1998 LS 400 give much better MPG than the

2000 Pathf> Buckshot LeFunk wrote:
Reply to
Buckshot LeFunk

Again, the LS4 is not an SUV. SUVs in general are heavier, lack aerodynamics, higher center of gravity = induced drag.

The LS4 is a systematic approach to compete against the Germans so of course they will offer the best Japanese creativity in terms of gas mileage, power, comfort, etc etc

The Pathy on the other hand is just a me too based on archaic engineering, relative to modern engineering. For example the FX is leading edge technology.

Reply to
iBuyMinis.Us

Sounds like a fuel leak. Light a match and throw it under the vehicle, then collect the insurance money.

Reply to
Bob Russell

Reply to
Buckshot LeFunk

I agree... while the same model year of the 4runner might not be much better. The newer SUVs have just about the same MPG but much better Horsepower and torque....

Reply to
Ted

What I failed to say was that the vehicle is rated as follows:

Fuel Type regular MPG (city) 15 MPG (highway) 19 MPG (combined) 16 Annual Fuel Cost $1313

I do not have a heavy foot, but I never come close to 19 MPG on the highway.

Ted wrote:

Reply to
Buckshot LeFunk

Hmmmm, is fuel economy what someone is looking for when they purchase a SUV?

Reply to
Jello

Yea I get around 17-18 in my 96 pathfinder....

Do the normal stuff, clean filter, replace plugs wires, etc but don't expect much. Sorry thats the engine that came with it....

Reply to
Ted

No but you'd expect it to get somewhere close to what is claimed. My Frontier is getting 12-1/2 around town when it's supposed to get 15. My 440 Six Pack Charger gets that much. Something that low tells me something may be wrong with it. Same thing with any car that's supposed to get 30 but you only get 25 out of it. Ain't supposed to happen.

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn Woodell

Oh good God, do you have a supercharged Fronty?

Reply to
iBuyMinis.Us

Yes. ;)

Reply to
Glenn Woodell

Serves you right - lol.

Just joking, I actually could not find any 03 SVE when I was buying last year so I am stuck with a lowly, although fully optioned XE.

18.5 mpg day in day out in socal commute.
Reply to
iBuyMinis.Us

I was not looking for the SC in particular but they had a sweet demo at a good price that I couldnt' resist. Besides the SC only takes a 1 mpg hit. Still something's robbing me of about 17% more. I have a loud rattle from underneath. They think I have a loose baffle in my muffle so a new one is on order. That could be causing enough restriction to affect the mpg I guess.

Regardless I am really enjoying my new truck. Just got a Tonneau Master on it today. Pretty sweet. Rolls up underneath my bed rail-mounted racks for my windsurfing gear. It's a beach truck now. :)

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn Woodell

If you never use it..