Re: Re: 1995 Maxima Ignition

"rletner" wrote: > The manual would be great. Thanks. > > On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 17:12:38 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@xnet.com > (David > Efflandt) wrote: > > >On Sat, 05 Mar 2005, snipped-for-privacy@CHARTER.NET > < snipped-for-privacy@CHARTER.NET> wrote: >  >> Hello all, >  >> I have an intermitant problem with the ignition in a > 95 maxima. It >  >> seems that when the key is turned to start the car > many times nothing >  >> happens. No clicks - nothing. I suspect a switch or > relay control, not >  >> the actual key lock mech. Of course I could be wrong. > Before I >  >> dismantle anything, I wanted to check with this > group. I recently >  >> replaced the starter which was bad. This has been > going on for some >  >> time. It's like it has a mind of its own. > >

>I have a 95 SE (purchased May 94) that has been doing that > intermittantly > >for years. I find that jiggling the key while turning it > helps. For that > >reason I thought it was an ignition switch problem, but > apparently some > >people have replaced the ignition switch without any > improvement. > > > >When it does happen, I do hear a single click in the > dashboard (or on > >firewall?) when I turn the key. So maybe it is a problem > with a relay > >somewhere. My starter was replaced many years ago and cranks > smoothly > >(not the loping crank before original failed when it stopped > on its dead > >spot).

I have been also experiencing a similar problem at my 95 Maxima recently. Nothing happened when I turned the key at start position. Even a jump had no help. After waited for an hour or so, I could started the car again without any problems. It has happend twice in the past two days. Any ideas please?

Reply to
tpwu