Rubber Burning Smell

I have a 1996 Nissan Sentra. Within the last two weeks, I have noticed a rubber burning smell coming into the car when I turn on the fan. Also, I can smell this when I am driving and open the window when I have stopped at a light. The car has 160000 miles on it.

The check engine light (O2 senor is bad) has been on for about 18 months now. The mechanic that checked the car initially said I don't need to replace it (this was 18 months ago).

Has anyone else had a similiar problem or point me in the right direction ?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Reply to
Mahesh Patel