sentra idiot lights on wnen A/C turned on.

I have a 1988 Nissan Sentra with 100k miles. Only when the A/C is turned on and the compressor is on the brake and the lamp problem lights are on brightly and then the charge warning lamp glows very dimly. I have no idea what this is and my mechanic is stumped. R134 refrigerant was added several weeks ago to replace the R12, but that is the only service performed recently. Also, the idle seems very high when the A/C compressor is running. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
tennilledat

the alternator is weak and needs replacing

Reply to
NissTech

Reply to
Danny