Should I disconnect battery?

I am about to go on an extended vacation to Europe for about a month and I am concerned about not being able to start my PF when I get back. A friend told me to disconnect my battery to lower consumption and thus conserve more juice during the rest.

I am not so sure this may not do more harm than good. Wouldn't it disable my security alarm? may be the computer or odometer has their own battery but still?

Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Reply to
orangetrader

If it's 4 weeks you'll *probably* be OK if the battery is healthy. It would be better to put a trickle charger on it. Disconnecting the battery will likely cause you other grief when you get back (as all the electronics will be reset, and yes, no security system).

Reply to
Jim

If the battery is old and weak it might not last. If so might be a good time to buy a new one?

Yes and you'll lose the radio presets as well.

Reply to
Steve T

If the battery capacity is decent then it would be ok to park it for a couple months without desiconnecting it. And it surely isn'y going to harm anything besides an already weak batter if that's the case.

Reply to
Meat-->Plow

Reply to
john smith