Sticking Speedometer 2003 Nissan Pathfinder

I recently bought a 2003 Nissan Pathfinder and find that the speedometer sticks sometimes(45to 70ish mph) until either I slow down considerably, speed up considerably or tap on the class over the instrument panel. Example...I am going 55....I slow down but the needle still points to 55. Finally after a little bit it "breaks" and swings down to the speed I am goin. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
instruct

The bushing inside the needle assembly of the speedometer may be binding or defective. Working in there would be like fixing a mechanical watch. I would suggest to change the speedometer.

Reply to
JANA