The gauges stopped responding

Hello, I was driving my 2000 Altima on the interstate when the gauges started freaking out.

The Speedometer went to full speed. The gas gauge is not moving along with the tach and temperature gauge. No response from any gauge. The car is still running and working perfectly.

Any suggestions? Is there a computer reset or fuse?

Thanks Ben

Reply to
BenNASA

That sounds like a bad connection on the gauge PCB itself.

Reply to
Steve

In message , Steve writes

I had something similar on a Nissan Almera, every thing electrical stopped working apart from the starter and the lights, It left us stranded in the middle of France with a flat battery after about 300 miles. The supplier promised to fix it only to have it return a month later. Because they couldn't be sure the car was repaired and because we couldn't go where we couldn't get public transport in an emergency we had to trade it in against a new one. Nissan customer services just said that as we'd bought the car outright for cash it was tough, they didn't want to know. I often wondered if they ever sorted it out or if it was just sold on to some other poor unsuspecting sod.

Reply to
Clive