Radio-cassette locked, code doesn't work

Battery disconnected from Micra (1.0 '98), radio-cassette needs code entering. (I bought the car second-hand and don't have the code). I have retrieved the serial number from the label at the back of the radio, and three separate people have translated it to a code, but the code doesn't work :-(

Any ideas?

Failing that, I'll be looking to get a new radio-cassette. Anyone taken there's out to put in a CD?

Mark (Manchester UK)

Reply to
mark.bergman