Throttle Positon Sensor Prob 2000 Nissan frontier King Cab XE (V6)

I took my 2000 Nissan Frontier to a shop and had a pair of oil cover gskets put on it. I got the truck back and it drove fine for about three days before the service light came on. I took the truck to an auto parts store and they told me that I was getting codes that indicated an EGR flow malfunction and a knock sensor circuit problem. I posted this problem on another Internet group and a guy who is suppossed to be a Nissan tech told me that it sounded like the throttle body sensor to him. I know that the sensor had to be disconnected in order to put the valve cover gaskets on. When I got the truck back, I looked under the hood and wondered if he had crossed the connectors on the sensor, meaning, if he had his positives and negatives missed up. Is this possible? How can I tell if the TPS is not plugged in properly. I have had this truck since it was new and the service engine light has never come on. I have 180K miles on it and need it to last as long as possible. can some one help?! I am taking the truck back to this shop Tuesday anyway if I can't resolve the problem.

Reply to
bondsman22601

It's not possible to reverse +/- unless he had the wires pulled out of the connector, which there would be no reason to do.. I would start by just making sure the connector(s) to the TPS are attached. Disconnect and reconnect them all and then see what happens. If you can clear the CEL after this you'll know if the problem comes back.

Reply to
JM

Not possible to mix up the connectors. Why would someone tell you to look at a throttle body problem... when the codes that you get are EGR and knock sensor? That puzzles me. My suggestion... clear the codes and see if the light comes on again. If so, then retrieve codes and report back.

Telstar Electronics